Saturday, June 21, 2014

Royal Mail and Other Updates

Today I received, by Royal Mail, my official welcome letter from the Dean of Nottingham Trent University.  Although I had already gotten a copy of this attached to an email, there's just something cool about having the physical copy.  Plus, I love getting mail.
It's on the official letterhead and everything!
This is also the copy I am supposed to keep with my passport in order to prove my intentions for entering the UK.  Having never traveled abroad before (unless you count a long weekend in Canada way back in 2005), I've been surprised by how many pieces of paper I am supposed to present to someone when I get to Manchester to back up the fact that yes, I am in fact a student.  There's the "visa letter of support," the "official welcome letter," the passport itself, and at least one other form of picture ID, not to mention the recommendations to have "proof of finances" available to show that I (probably) won't go broke while I'm there.  It just seems funny that little old me requires so many "support documents."

Speaking of arriving in Manchester, I have travel details: I leave early in the morning on June 28th and return on July 26th, both journeys filled with connecting flights in unfamiliar airports.  I'm expecting a more detailed schedule for when I'm actually in Nottingham later this week (hopefully).  

My next post will probably be from the UK at long last!  (I know I said that last time, but I got really excited about the letter, okay?)

I mean, it's Royal Mail.  How awesome is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment